Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Much to be thankful for


After a rough October which was plagued by car problems, money problems etc... I decided to shake it off with a trip to Barbados to start the process that will officially make my husband an African-American. Of course a girl can't go all the way to Barbados without having some fun so I enlisted Suzette and Kathy to help me brave the US Embassy and explore Barbados. While I was waiting at the embassy they kicked off our girlie lime with Pims on the golf course later followed by Champagne (veuve of course) when the embassy allowed me to pay them a small ransom for the privilege of filing John's paperwork. That was cause for celebration as we weren't sure they would let me file the paperwork in Barbados and I was a nervous nelly going in! Just last week we got the checklist of what they need next and besides the 6 background checks John needs it doesn't look too bad!


We had a blast in Barbados and it was one of the best girlie limes to date!


Recently we celebrated our first Thanksgiving together with some friends from school and it really was an amazing feast! Great friends, great food and a beautiful view. You can't ask for much more on Thanksgiving!



Now it's December and we are so excited for our trip to Africa where we'll go from the beach back to the bush. John and I absolutely can not wait. We have so much to be thankful for and look forward to a spectacular end to 2009 and an amazing start to 2010!



No comments:

Post a Comment