Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10: Thanks for the Memories


I'm often reminded of my former life. The one where I was 'living the dream' as a beach bum, yogi, wine swilling Caribbean housewife. Those days are temporarily over, and I've spent the last six months in an extended mourning period. I think its only natural I miss Grenada. It's the island were we got married, had a baby, lost a scooter, lost car tires, gained lifelong friends, learned to lime, failed to wine and had at least 17 mechanics in our employ to keep the world's most expensive piece of tin running.

While we were living the dream, we along with countless other families, were fortunate enough to have Ashley Willis document our dream. Today I'm thankful for Ashley's amazing talent and her ability to capture some of the sweetest memories in a snapshot. Ashley photographed me eight months pregnant and made me look glam. Now that is sheer genius at work to be able to do that!





She photographed our new family and was somehow able to capture the sweet first months of parenthood in a single shot. Her talent, beauty and positive attitude amaze and inspire me. In addition to being just about the most fantastic photographer out there, she is a fantastic writer and her blog makes me laugh and occasionally makes me cry. Everyone should read this entry about her desire for a bambino of her own.






I'm thankful for Ashley. Her talent, honesty, candor and beauty are inspirational. I'm not sure why her bundle of joy is taking so long to get to here, but perhaps for the moment she's being used as an inspiration to many, and when her one, two, three or four do arrive they'll be able to see just how special she is.



I'm thankful for the beautiful memories that hang on my wall as a constant reminder of our island life, and I'm thankful for sweet souls like, Ashley, who share their talent and their struggles.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sitting in a NYC taxi bawling my eyes out. Haha! That meant so much. Thanks for your kind words. Come to NYC so I can photograph your gorgeous family some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't cry! It's true but also a shameless ploy to get you to Athens for Charlie's first birthday. Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete